Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Even the hairs on your head are numbered

Even the hairs on your head are numbered

But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows. Luke 12:7

We all get lied to some time or the other. However, I believe that the lies that you end up believing are the worst lies because they have the most devastating effects on you. They keep you up at nights, stopping you from being better, from having meaningful relationship or from loving God the way that you can.

These thorns around your heart; full of lies, pain and shame, are carried around every day weighing you down. Some of these lies started from childhood when you were told by your mom that you were stupid and will never amount to anything. Or when daddy told you that you did everything wrong, and called you worthless.

These things causes our hearts to be scarred filled with pain, guilt, and shame. In response to this, you might have put up a wall for protection. It does more harm than good, blocking out not only the ugly, but the beauty.

So we start believing that the thorns are just a part of life and that we are stupid, and that we aren’t worth it.

Don’t make them win.

God is your creator and He knows how many hairs there are on your body. What a thought! He loves you so much that He took the time out to count the hairs on your head. Such an intricate detail, yet he took the time to find it out, to show you that you are worth it and that you deserve a life that is purposeful and driven.

Letting go of those lies can be hard but knowing that there is a God who thinks so highly of you helps with the process. He loves you so much that He sent His ONLY son to die for you so that you and I can have a good life (John 3:16). Because you are worth it.

So work on those lies by first identifying where they come from. Every time you feel very insecure about something (a job opportunity, meeting someone new, or speaking in-front of someone), try and identify the voice you hear. Is it your father saying you’re worthless, your mom saying you will never become anything, or your own voice repeating their words? Write them down and later on, take time out to challenge them.

For example,
• Situation: New challenging job opportunity
• Thought: I can’t do it because my mother always said, ‘all I’m good for is laying on my back’
• Challenge: She lied because God says I’m beautiful and I’ve accomplished a lot.
o I’m a better mother than she was,
o I got my GED/diploma,
o I have kept this job for 8 months now.

Take the time to figure out exactly what the thoughts are that stop you from accomplishing your goals and challenge them because God loves you and wants you to be happy. He thinks that you are worth it. Isn’t it time you start believing?

Are you Bold enough to share?
-What are your thorns?
-How did you work through them?

LU

Follow us on Twitter @LoveUnthorned
‘Like’ us on Facebook
loveunthorned.blogspot.com
Contact us to speak about us at your church at loveunthorned@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment