February.. Honestly, my least favorite month of the year.
Valentines day is in February..
Why must there be a whole national holiday which focuses on couples and being in love? At least during the other holidays, even if I am single, I can still take part of the activities like a normal person. On Valentines day, I can't even buy groceries without the cashier asking things like, "Romantic dinner planned for tonight?"
“No, complete stranger. I am buying groceries for myself because I am very single”.
It can be a stressful, sad day... However, keeping my new plan in place of doing new things, becoming a better person, and waiting on God, this year I decided I will do things differently. It is a 3-part plan.
Part 1: I will think of a person, maybe a friend or family member, who I think may be feeling the same thing as me.. I will give this person a gift of some sort. Something to make that person feel special and loved. I've learned that by making someone else happy, I make myself happy.
Part 2: I will take this time.. Not just Valentines day, but the whole month of February.. To improve my relationships. I will take the time to check up on my family & friends more often, make it a point to tell them I love them, talk to them on the phone, make time to spend with them.
Part 3: I will love myself. I will treat myself to something I've been wanting for awhile. I will do something that I love to do, but don't always get the chance to. I will pamper myself with a haircut, manicure, & pedicure.
Sometimes I get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of life that I forget to do these things. I assume those people know how much I appreciate them, I forget that someone else may be feeling just like me, & I forget to do things I enjoy. So this month, I will take the initiative.. I will call. I will talk to them. I will share moments. I will give. I will take care of myself.
John 13:34 says, "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another." It does not say love your husband, wife, boyfriend, or girlfriend. The Bible says to love. Just love.
Only at www.LoveUnthorned.com

No comments:
Post a Comment