I had someone in the Hospital, and I was staying with them. One of the nurses attending to her was extremely positive and energized and I made sure to tell her how much we appreciated her.
During one of our many conversations, I told her about www.LoveUnthorned.com and we started talking about relationships.
Soon after she started telling me about her story.
Her name is Jade. She looked as though she was in her early thirties and had a smile that could light up the sky. She told me that she got married when in her twenties to someone whom she knew forever. She loved him, however the relationship didn’t last and she was crushed.
She said she used this time after her divorce to pray about her life, pray about her relationships and she started to take a proactive approach in changing things she didn’t like about her life. She told me during the crying sessions, she was healed from guilt and shame. She told me that through her prayers, she felt more connected to God than she had ever been. She told me that while leaning on God for everything, she started learning about herself.
She told me “My only prayer was to be single and happy.”
She did not know if she wanted to get married again and was so busy living her life, that she wasn’t concerned about that. She told me that she decided that she was going to do three things before entering any other relationship; she wanted to work, save and travel.
She told me about her many trips all over the world, and the memories she made with old and new friends. She went to school and finished earning her Degree, and did the three things she had on her list.
She is recently re-married to a man who makes her happier than she already is. She told me “My marriage didn’t cause my happiness, he’s my sweetheart, but I’m happy on my own.”
Then she had to go visit another room. I thanked her and was so inspired by her story, I asked her for permission to use it on LU, in hopes that it inspires you.
Many times, when single, our only focus is getting un-single. What are the three things you want to accomplish while single?
Thanks Jade
LU
Follow us on Twitter @LoveUnthorned
‘Like’ us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LoveUnthornedConnect
loveunthorned.blogspot.com
Contact us to speak about us at your church at loveunthorned@gmail.com
No comments:
Post a Comment