January… such a bittersweet month for a single person.
On one hand, I'm happy to have had a great holiday season spent with family. On the other, I'm grateful for the start of a New Year with new possibilities. The holiday season can be tough on a single person. You look around the table at Christmas dinner and realize you and your little cousins are the only ones without a special someone to share it with. So a new year with new possibilities is gladly welcomed.
Everyone is making New Year’s resolutions and plans for the new year, and you can't help but wonder if this year will be the year you meet that special someone.
The truth is no one knows…
You can't plan these things…You can't schedule it into your year…
The toughest part about being single is simply waiting. So I asked myself, "Self, who are you waiting on?" If I'm honest with myself, I would say “for the perfect man”. Why am I waiting on a man? Pssh.. I will NOT wait on a man. This year, I will try new things, find a new hobby, go to new places, meet new people, enhance my cooking skills.. In short, do anything and everything that I enjoy and will make me a better person.
After all, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares The Lord. Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11.
God has a plan for me this year.. I will wait on Him.
Only on www.LoveUnthorned.com

No comments:
Post a Comment